Recent concerns over the widening of the LIBOR OIS spreads coupled with geo political uncertainty could be hinting at a short time rise in volatility. The Volatility Index over the last year has been negatively correlated to the S&P500. A rising equity market in this case has meant little upside volatility. Downside movements however have been short and sharp. Will we see the VIX return to its 2 year historical average?
- Facebook Besieged by Wall Street, Washington and Europe (Bloomberg)
- South Korea's central bank chief says wide gap with U.S. base rates (Reuters)
- Why the stock market may find an ally in the Fed (Marketwatch)
- US retail giants ask Trump to reconsider China tariffs (BBC)
- Europe’s biggest bank says firms are 'turning home' as protectionist fears take hold (CNBC)
- Toyota suspends US driverless car tests after fatal Uber accident (BBC)
Today's Economic Announcements (GMT)
- 09:30 - Unemployment Rate (GBP)
- 09:30 - Claimant Count Change (GBP)
- 14:00 - Existing Home Sales (USD)
- 14:30 - EIA Crude Oil Stocks Change (USD)
- 18:00 - Fed Interest Rate Decision (USD)
Trading Forex / CFDs is High Risk.